Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Friday, November 8, 2013
My ideals for a better society. Hope for the present and future political possibilities, as well as humanity as a whole.
I'm one of those keyboard jackhammers that representative Steve King (R-IA) was talking about and proud of it. Here are the reasons why...
I'm for People not corporations.
I'm for a good quality education and higher learning that is accessible to all.
I'm for everyone having access to healthcare and to not go bankrupt because you wound up with a catastrophic illness or injury.
I'm for everyone having enough food to eat, a roof over their heads and heat in the winter.
I'm for work place safety and giving everyone who wants a job to have one.
I'm for clean air, and clean water and land that is not contaminated with harmful substances like tar sands bitumen.
I'm for fixing, improving and updating our crumbling infrastructure.
I'm for having our seniors and disabled citizenry to be able to not live in poverty.
I'm for spending money on research to find new cures, new technological innovations and to have a greater understanding of the universe and the world we live on.
I'm for clean energy sources like wind, solar, geothermal, and ocean wave power.
I'm for giving citizens a living wage because if you work you shouldn't live in poverty.
I'm for making sure children are well taken care of.
I'm for teaching parenting skills and financial skills in high school.
I'm for allowing children to receive college credit for their classes if it an advanced class or having them take remote classes through colleges that offer it.
I'm for publicly funded elections where anyone can run who wants to with no need for a giant bank account.
I'm for bringing honesty back into news reporting and to allow journalist do do the investigative journalism they used to do without fear of reprisals or jail time.
I'm for re-instating the Sherman Anti-Trust Act so we could break up these mega banks and corporations that are dictating our laws and buying our elections
I'm for getting rid of all lobbyists and to allow individual citizens to write laws that the entire country can vote on and give their opinions on before it is taken up into being made a law.
I'm for allowing analysis in plain english of what a law is actually designed to do so that no one is duped by the false labels that many current laws possess, and to give the true costs and savings involved as far as can be determined.
I'm for transparency in government. If it was paid for with your tax dollars, you should have access.
I'm for teaching parenting skills and financial skills in high school.
I'm for allowing children to receive college credit for their classes if it's an advanced class or having them take remote classes through colleges that offer it.
I'm for publicly funded elections where anyone can run who wants to with no need for a giant bank account.
I'm for giving every person who works a living wage until we can get rid of capitalism.
I'm for a resource based economy and to do away with the capitalistic system.
For those who don't know what a resource based economy might look like, I posted the following on my page Oct 13 2013: ----------------------------------------------- What does everyone think of this idea?
posted Oct 13 2013
The resource and knowledge based society
1. All humans get a small house to live in regardless of the capacity to work and think.
2. All humans receive the nutrition they need to survive and thrive.
3. Money is no longer a needed commodity.
4. The more you contribute to the society the more you receive in honors, goods and services.
5. Jobs will no longer be indefinitely retained at the same place.
6. Every human has the right to higher learning for free.
7. Every human has the chance to be innovators without the need for income.
8. Robots will do most manual labor.
9. Exploration and conservation of our environment becomes key in the happiness and survival of the human race.
10. Energy is gleaned from sun, wind, ocean currants and wave action, harnessing the power in the magnetic field, and for space travel lightwave energy is harnessed.
11. Goods will be allocated based on when you signed up for a thing and the demand for such a thing. Bicycles are available for anyone to pick up and use in your home complex. Most people will be living in large spacious apartment complexes that come with all you should need including a fleet of cars and bicycles to get around with. No one owns them, they are for the use of all who live there.
12. Every home will have an interactive interface that connects you to the net with a holographic display for connecting with people and information anywhere you go in your home. a separate device in the form of glasses with audio/visual interactive capabilities for when you not home if you want it.
13. Transportation will be as easy as stepping into your vehicle, and telling it where you want to go. Based on distance the vehicle will decide whether to fly for long distances, use roadways for short distances, or a version of rail where your vehicle gets on a sort of Mag-Lev highway system.
14. Since our world has finite for resources, the push to explore and seed other planets and galaxies takes off.
15. A space station is built on the moon and asteroids are mined for the materials needed to build spaceships capable of carrying 100,000 people each. Each station will have it's own recycling water source and a hydroponics farm in which to grow everything needed to survive. The light wave has been harnessed to allow for light speed travel, as well as the gravity wave for slower speeds. This makes reaching other galaxies attainable within a few generations. The initial crew and supports total 8,000 people with the 100 k capacity to allow for the growth of population over time. Everyone on board will be cross trained on at least 10 different jobs based on their capacity to learn them. Gravity is achieved through both rotation and artificially induced gravity which will be increased overtime to both allow for healthy bones and muscles as well as prepare for the possibility of finding a habitable world with a higher gravity than earth's.
16. Few real manual labor jobs remain and they are split up with the entire populace taking part to make things happen. For example lets say someone needs to ride on a garbage truck to keep an eye on what gets put out into the trash. Robots do most of the work but human eyes are still needed to make sure kids and animals don't get caught in the robotic arms. you may have to sign up for 5-10 hours per week for community service to do this job. There are no regular long work hours as there is a sign up to do certain things based on what it is you want for a good or service. So lets say you want the newest version of a piano for your own entertainment. You sign up to work at a factory to make this piano for your self and everyone else who is currently there who wants one. It could be as little as a few months assignment or as long as a 10 year assignment based or if you like doing this job or not. Most things can be made through 3 D printing but some assembly is required for those things that are created from different materials like it is for an instrument like a piano or guitar.
Buildings use extensive green technology and renewable resources. Fluorescing anaerobic algae is housed in liquid filled columns that produce both hydrogen for heating and cooling as well as a soft light that allows for energy consumption reductions at night as no lights are needed to be able get around on the outer corridors of buildings. Windows serve as both an energy source as well as natural lighting. Opaque to clear solar cells are built into each window. also the heat from sunlight is converted into usable energy.
Do all these things make me a bad person?
I doubt it.
Sunday, September 15, 2013
This is a work in progress. Let me know what you think.
I would like to see this passed:
RESTORING FAITH IN AMERICAN GOVERNMENT ACT
I NO AMENDMENTS SHALL BE ALLOWED TO BE ATTACHED TO THIS ACT NOR WILL ANY CHANGES BE ALLOWED TO BE MADE.
II ALL CAMPAIGN FUNDS, THAT HAVE BEEN COLLECTED OR THAT ARE PLEDGED TO BE DONATED, ARE HEREBY FORFEITED
AND WILL BE POOLED FOR USE BY ANY CANDIDATE WISHING TO RUN FOR ANY OFFICE.
A. ALL NON PROFITS THAT ACT IN THE POLITICAL REALM FOR ANY REASON HEREBY LOSE NON PROFIT STATUS.
B. OF ALL MONIES CURRENTLY HELD BY THESE NON PROFITS, AND WHO ACT IN A POLITICAL MANNER, 90% OF THOSE
FUNDS ARE FORFEIT AND SHALL GO INTO A FUND TO PUBLICLY FINANCE ALL ELECTIONS.
i. ALL DONORS NAMES ADDRESSES AND AMOUNTS DONATED TO THESE ENTITIES SHALL BE MADE PUBLIC.
ii. ALL DONORS OF THESE NON PROFITS WHO ACT IN A POLITICAL MANNER SHALL BE MADE TO DONATE THE SAME
AMOUNTS, OVER THE COURSE OF THE NEXT 5 YEARS, THE SAME AMOUNTS DONATED FOR THE PREVIOUS 5 YEARS
TO PUT INTO THE PUBLICLY FINANCED ELECTION FUND.
C. ANYONE WHO WISHES TO RUN FOR AN OFFICE MUST GET 5000 SIGNATURES OR 5% OF THEIR VOTING AGE
CONSTITUANTS, WHICH EVER AMOUNT IS LESS.
D. ALL DISTRICTS SHALL BE REDRAWN WITHOUT POLITICAL INTERFERANCE.
i. A CITIZEN BOARD THAT IS RANDOMLY DRAWN FROM ALL VOTING CONSTITUANTS SHALL MAKE DISTRICTS
EQUITABLE IN POPULATION AND SHALL BE DONE IN A GRID FASHION. NO GERRY MANDERING ALLOWED.
ii. NO DISTRICT SHALL HAVE MORE THAN 100 PERSONS, MORE OR LESS THAN ANY OTHER DISTRICT ACROSS THE
E. $ 3 PER PERSON WILL BE COLLECTED FROM EVERY FAMILY, BUSINESS OR CORPORATION.
i. FAMILIES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PUT IN $3 FOR EVERY MEMBER OF THE FAMILY.
ii. BUSINESS AND CORPORATIONS WILL BE REQUIRED TO DONATE $3 FOR EVERY PERSON EMPLOYED BY THE
BUSINESS INCLUDING THE CEO, BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND SUB CONTRACTORS.
III NO LOBBYIST SHALL BE ALLOWED TO CONTACT ANY SENATOR, CONGRESSMAN, THE PRESIDENT, OR ANYONE ELSE WHO
WORKS IN A GOVERNMENT CAPACITY.
A. ALL CORRISPONDANCE THAT A CONSTITUANT OR CORPORATION WISHES TO CONVEY, SHALL FROM NOW ON ONLY BE
DONE BY LETTER, E-MAIL, OR CONTACT VIA TRANSCRIBBED MESSAGE THROUGH THE WHITEHOUSE SWITCHBOARD.
B. NO ONE IN GOVERNMENT IS ALLOWED TO ATTEND ANY POLITICAL EVENT THAT WOULD GIVE THE APPEARANCE OF A
CONFLICT OF INTEREST WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.
i. THE AMERICAN LEGISLATIVE EXCHANGE COUNCIL IS HEREBY OUTLAWED AND ANY AND ALL A.L.E.C. BILLS AND
THOSE RESEMBLING A.L.E.C. BILLS ARE NOW NULL AND VOID ACROSS THE UNITED STATES.
a. THOSE STATES WHICH WISH TO RETAIN THOSE BILLS WILL NEED TO REWRITE AND RESUBMIT AND VOTE ON
THEM ONCE MORE.
b. ANY STATE WHICH WISHES TO REINSTATE AN A.L.E.C. BILL MUST GET APPROVAL BY 2/3 OF THE VOTERS IN THAT
STATE, BY A BALLOT INITIATIVE THAT IS CLEARLY EXPLAINED, BEFORE IT GOES INTO EFFECT.
ii. MEMBERS OF THE SUPREME COURT SHALL ABIDE BY ALL THE RULES, LAWS, AND REGULATIONS THAT PERTAIN TO
ALL FEDERAL JUDGESHIPS.
a. ANY MEMBER OF THE SUPREME COURT WHO HAS IMMEDIATE FAMILY IN A LOBBYING ORGANIZATION, LOSES
THEIR POSTION ON THE SUPREME COURT. CONFLICT OF INTEREST WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL NOT BE
b. ANY MEMBER OF THE SUPREME COURT WHO IS THE MEMBER OF, OR WHO ATTENDS A PARTISAN POLITICAL
EVENT LOSES THEIR POSITION ON THE SUPREME COURT. THE APPEARANCE OF FAVORITISM TOWARDS ANY
POLITICAL PARTY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
C. THE REVOLVING DOOR OF POLITICS AND PRIVATE SECTOR LOBBYIST JOBS IS HEREBY ENDED.
a. NO POLITICIAN OR OTHER GOVERNMENT WORKER, SHALL BE ALLOWED TO WORK FOR ANY LOBBYING
ENTITY FOR A PERIOD OF NOT LESS THAN 20 YEARS AFTER LEAVING OFFICE.
b. NO PERSON SHALL BE ALLOWED TO BE EMPLOYED IN A REGULATORY AGENCY, THAT PREVIOUSLY WORKED
FOR THE INDUSTRY BEING REGULATED, IN THE CAPACITY OF ENFORCING REGULATIONS OR MAKING
REGULATIONS THAT PERTAIN TO THE INDUSTRY. THIS IS AN OBVIOUS CONFLICT OF INTEREST WITH THE
AMERICAN PEOPLE. NOR SHALL THAT REGULATORY AGENCY EMPLOYEE BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE
WORKFORCE OF THE INDUSTRY REGULATED BY THE REGULATORY AGENCY, ONCE THEIR TIME IN THE
REGULATORY AGENCY HAS ENDED, FOR A PERIOD OF NOT LESS THAN 20 YEARS.
IV. ONLY INDIVIDUAL CITIZENS SHALL BE ALLOWED TO WRITE BILLS TO SEEK APPROVAL BEFORE CONGRESS.
A. NO COMPANY OR GROUP OF COMPANIES SHALL HAVE ACCESS TO ANY MEMBER OF GOVERNMENT.
B. NO BILL SHALL BE PUT FORTH THAT FAVORS CORPORATIONS OVER PEOPLE.
1. ANY BILL CURRENTLY ON THE BOOKS THAT SIGNIFICANTLY FAVORS ANY INDIVIDUAL, CORPORATION, OR
INDUSTRY, OVER ANY OTHER IS HEREBY NULL AND VOID. EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE PERTAIN TO THE POOR,
HANDICAPPED, AND SENIOR CITIZENS.
a. ALL PEOPLE DESERVE TO HAVE SHELTER, HEAT, FOOD, AND CLOTHING.
b. THE US GOVERNMENT SHALL PROVIDE COMMUNITIES WITH FUNDS TO HOUSE, FEED, AND CLOTHE ITS
1. INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE CAPABLE OF MAKING THEIR OWN DECISIONS SHALL BE ALLOWED TO STAY
HOMELESS IF SO DESIRED.
2. SINGLE PEOPLE WILL BE GIVEN ACCOMMODATIONS BASED ON GENDER IN A GROUP HOME OR
BARRACKS LIKE SETTING.
3. COUPLES AND FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN SHALL BE ALLOWED AT LEAST A HEATED ROOM TO SLEEP
IN. THEY MAY ALSO BE HOUSED IN A GROUP HOME LIKE SETTING ONCE FAMILY PRIVACY IS
4. THE US GOVERNMENT AND OTHER ENTITIES SHALL ALLOW DECOMMISSIONED ARMED FORCES
BASES AS A PLACE TO FEED AND HOUSE PEOPLE WHO WISH TO BE HOUSED. ALSO ANY BUILDING
CURRENTLY NOT IN USE FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS, CAN BE ACQUIRED THROUGH IMMINANT DOMAIN
TO HOUSE VULNERABLE POPULATIONS.
5. THOSE WHO WISH TO BE HOUSED AND ARE NOT HANDICAPPED OR ELDERLY (OVER 62) MUST HAVE
AN ACTIVE JOB SEARCH, SCHOOLING WITH HIGHER EDUCATION OR G.E.D. ATTAINMENT IN PROCESS.
ALSO THEY MUST PUT AT LEAST 15 HOURS PER WEEK IN WORKING IN A VOLUNTEER CAPACITY AT
EITHER A NON PROFIT OR IN A GOVERNMENT BACKED ENVIRONMENTAL CLEAN UP CAPACITY, AND
NOT TO INCLUDE CHEMICALLY OR NUCLEAR HAZARDOUS CLEAN UP DUTIES LIKE OIL SPILLS.
V. NO SUBSIDY OR TAX BREAK SHALL BE GIVEN TO ANY CORPORATION, BUSINESS ENTITY, FACTORY FARM, OR RELIGIOUS
A. MONIES CAN BE GRANTED TO ENTITIES THAT WORK TOWARDS SOCIAL ISSUES LIKE HOMELESSNESS, DRUG
ABUSE, FOSTER CARE, ENVIRONMENTAL CLEAN UP, FOOD BANKS, AND THOSE THINGS THAT IMPROVE THE
LIVES OF COMMUNITIES AND THEIR INDIVIDUALS.
B. MONIES CAN ALSO BE GRANTED FOR ANIMAL WELFARE PROVIDED THE MONIES GO TOWARD FEEDING,
VETERANARY COSTS, HOUSING, AND TAKING CARE OF ANIMALS THAT HAVE BEEN ABUSED OR
C. NO GOVERNMENT MONIES SHALL BE GRANTED TO FOR PROFIT OR RELIGIOUS SCHOOLS.
D. ALL INCOME, SHALL BE TAXED IN A PROGRESSIVE MANNER SO THAT THE MORE MONEY MADE, THE
GREATER THE TAX ON THOSE MONIES.
1. THE FIRST $ 25,000 OF INCOME WILL NOT HAVE A FEDERAL INCOME TAX BUT WILL HAVE A SOCIAL
SECURITY AND MEDICARE TAX EXCEPT FOR THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY ON SOCIAL SECURITY.
2. NO CORPORATE OR BUSINESS DEDUCTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED EXCEPT PAYROLL EXPENSES WHICH DO NOT INCLUDE THE CEO, CFO, ANY PRESIDENTS OR VICE PRESIDENTS OF THE COMPANY NOR ANY BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMPENSATION.
3. ALL CORPORATIONS AND BUSINESSES
WILL BE TAXED ON ALL MONIES MADE, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED OR WHERE THE
MONEY WAS MADE.
3. THERE WILL NO LONGER BE ANY DEDUCTIONS EXCEPT THE FIRST $25,000 OF INCOME.
4. INCOME WILL BE TAXED AT THE FOLLOWING RATES.
$25,001 TO $100,000 -- 8 % FEDERAL INCOME TAX
$100,001 TO $1,000,000 -- 15% FEDERAL INCOME TAX
$1,000,001 TO $20,000,000 --25% FEDERAL INCOME TAX
$20,000,001 TO $500,000,000 -- 35% FEDERAL INCOME TAX
$500,000,001 TO $1,000,000,000 --45% FEDERAL INCOME TAX
$1,000,000,001 AND UP --65% FEDERAL INCOME TAX
IV SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE SHALL BE STRENGTHENED
A. THE CAP ON INCOME SUBJECTED TO SOCIAL SECURITY PAYROLL TAX IS HEREBY ELIMINATED
1. THE TAX SHALL BE ADMINISTERED AS FOLLOWS:
a.THE TAX SHALL BE SHARED BY THE EMPLOYER AND THE EMPLOYEE AND SPLIT EQUALLY.
b. SELF EMPLOYED PERSONS WILL NEED TO PAY FOR BOTH THE EMPLOYER AND EMPLOYEE HALVES.
c. THE TAX SHALL BE AS FOLLOWS :
$0 - $200,000------------------------16% TAX RATE
$200,001---$2,000,000-------------18% TAX RATE
$2,000,001 AND UP -----------------20% TAX RATE
d. SOCIAL SECURITY COST OF LIVING INFLATION ADJUSTMENTS SHALL BE BASED ON:
1. ENERGY COSTS INCLUDING ELECTRICITY, FUEL OIL, GASOLINE AND SIMILAR
2. GROCERY ITEMS WHICH WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING, FRUITS, VEGETABLES, MEATS, TOILETRIES, AND CLEANING SUPPLIES.
3. AVERAGE COST INCREASES FOR MID SIZED SEDANS, MEDICAL DEVICES, AND OTHER DURABLE GOODS SUCH AS WASHERS, DRYERS, REFRIGERATORS, STOVES, MATTRESSES, ETC.
4. COSTS OF LONG TERM CARE EXPENSES.
B. MEDICARE SHALL BE MEDICARE FOR ALL
1. ALL CITIZENS, CORPORATIONS AND BUSINESSES SHALL CONTRIBUTE IN A SLIDING SCALE THE FOLLOWING:
$0------------------$ 25,000 INCOME ------5%
$25,001------- $ 200,000 INCOME-------8%
$200,001---------$ 2,000,000 INCOME ----12%
$2,000,001 AND UP--------------------------15%
A. ALL MEDICAL SERVICES SHALL BE COVERED INCLUDING DENTISTS, HEARING, EYE RELATED, MENTAL HEALTH, PHYSICAL THERAPY, CHIROPRACTIC AND ACCUPUNCTURE / ACCUPRESSURE AND SIMILAR APPROVED HEALTH SYSTEMS.
2. ALL DOCTORS, HOSPITALS, LONG TERM CARE FACILITIES, NURSING HOMES, AND ANY MEDICAL RELATED INDUSTRY WILL BE NATIONALIZED.
A. DOCTORS WILL BE PAID A SALARY BASED ON EDUCATION AND SPECIALTY FIELD.
1. PRIMARY CARE DOCTORS, DENTISTS, OPTICIANS, AND SIMILAR SHALL BE GIVEN A SALARY OF $110,000/YR
2. NON SURGICAL SPECIALISTS SHALL BE GIVEN A SALARY OF $125,000 PER YEAR.
3. SURGICAL SPECIALISTS SHALL BE GIVEN A SALARY OF $150,000/YR
4. NURSE PRACTITIONERS SALARY SHALL BE $95,000/YR
5. RN'S AND SURGICAL NURSES SALARY SHALL BE $85,000/YR
6. LPN'S AND X-RAY TECHS, ULTRA SOUND TECHS AND SIMILAR SIMILAR SALARY SHALL BE $60,000/YR
7. CNA'S, ORDERLIES, PHLEBOTOMISTS AND SIMILAR SALARY SHALL BE $45,000/YR
8. ALL OTHER NON SPECIALTY STAFF SALARY SHALL BE $30,000/YR
B. IN CASE OF MALPRACTICE CLAIMS
1. DETERMINATIONS FOR COMPENSATION TO VICTIMS SHALL BE MADE BY A PANEL OF 12 PEOPLE WHICH SHALL INCLUDE 2 PHYSICIANS FROM A DIFFERENT AND UNRELATED FACILITY, 2 OMBUDSMEN, 2 PHYSICIANS FROM THE SAME FACILITY BUT NOT THE PERSON ACCUSED OF CAUSING HARM, AND 6 JURORS FROM THE COMMUNITY. A VOTE ON COMPENSATION SHALL BE REWARDED IF 8 OF THE 12 AGREE THAT COMPENSATION IS DESERVED AND THE AMOUNT OF COMPENSATION WILL BE DETERMINED BY THIS GROUP BASED ON THE SEVERITY OF THE MALPRACTICE AND PROBABLE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH A NEW DISABILITY OR DEATH INCLUDING FUNERAL SERVICES.
2. THE OFFENDING PHYSICIAN OR HEALTH WORKER SHALL BE BROUGHT BEFORE A REVIEW BOARD TO DETERMINE IF THE OFFENCE IS CAUSE FOR PROSECUTION, LICENSE REVOCATION, SUSPENSION, FINE, OR ACQUITTAL.
a. A PHYSICIAN THAT HAS A LICENSE SUSPENSION MAY PETITION TO HAVE THEIR LICENSE REINSTATED AFTER 5 YEARS IF ADDITIONAL TRAINING IS ACQUIRED.
b. PROSECUTION THAT LEADS TO A FELONY CONVICTION SHALL MEAN THAT REINSTATEMENT WILL NOT OCCUR.